Spark your Imagination through the power of technology
We are Sony Semiconductor IL, formerly Altair Semiconductor. We believe in pioneering the future through the power of creativity. As 5G IoT expands to include all types of connected “things”, our ultra-low-power and ultra-small chipset solutions are turning Cellular 5G IoT into reality.
Sony Semiconductor IL is an integral part of Sony Semiconductor Solutions Corporation, creating a company culture that combines the Sony legacy, values and technology with our own vision and market leadership in the fields of Cellular 5G IoT and AI.
We proudly provide millions of chipsets to customers around the world connecting to the world’s top, tier-1 cellular networks.
Believe that anything you can imagine, you can make real.
Your journey starts with us:
We are looking for a System Architect!
The System Architect will be engaged in defining and architecting the world’s best 5G IoT semiconductors. You will work with a highly complex, super low-power, multi-radio system on chips, incorporating cutting edge technologies and systems. The System Architect collaborates with Product, Marketing, Silicon, Hardware, Firmware and Software Engineering teams across Sony. Whenever needed, our System Architects collaborate with Product Managers and Architects handling our Tier-1 customers – providing explanations, discussing considerations, and finding solutions to our customers’ needs. As such, the System Architect functions as the top-tier technical arm of our marketing department.
You will compile macro architectures, software/hardware partitioning, interfaces, and other system-level considerations. You will write documents and requirements and also visit the lab and engineers desks, diving into details while maintaining the big picture. In addition to bringing a high-level of expertise in relevant domains and superb system understanding, you’ll need to bring a love for teamwork, learning, and a can-do attitude. You’ll work with the industry’s best in this tough but rewarding position!
- Be part of a team that defines and shapes next generation 5G IoT products
- Lead feature products from the idea phase up to the detailed architecture and implementation stage
- Define requirements and high-level architecture for all software modules from the embedded systems up to the customer tools
- Closely collaborate with product and marketing teams building new products with strategic customers
- Collaborate with R&D teams and CTO teams to determine requirements for software development and architecture
- Prepare a detailed requirement document for embedded systems
- Use a proactive approach to common challenges by continually researching for optimal system solutions and improved power consumption
- Master or PHD degree is an advantage
- Experience in semiconductor companies (communication field is an advantage)
- Deep knowledge of network layers, with preference given to experience in cellular networks
- Proven experience as SW architect (experience in embedded systems and real time OS knowledge is an advantage)
- Outstanding collaboration and communication skills are essential
- Passion for working in a team of architects and specialists to develop new technology