5G L1/PHY DSP Engineer
Spark your Imagination through the power of technology
We are Sony Semiconductor IL, formerly Altair Semiconductor. We believe in pioneering the future through the power of creativity. As IoT expands to include all types of connected “things”, our ultra-low-power and ultra-small chipset solutions are turning Cellular IoT into reality.
Sony Semiconductor IL is an integral part of Sony Semiconductor Solutions Corporation, creating a company culture that combines the Sony legacy, values and technology with our own vision and market leadership in the fields of Cellular IoT and AI.
We proudly provide millions of chipsets to customers around the world connecting to the world’s top, tier-1 cellular networks.
Believe that anything you can imagine, you can make real.
Your journey starts with us:
5G L1/PHY DSP Engineer
As a L1/PHY DSP Engineer you will be responsible for development, integration and verification of Physical Layer DSP SW for 5G IoT modem. More specifically you will be doing design, implementation and integration of 5G physical layer receiver algorithms. You will be working closely with algorithm development team – from reviewing the algorithm definitions to fixed point simulation and implementation, and finally problem solving in target platform.
- DSP SW design, implementation, and verification
- Fixed point implementation and verification against system simulator
- Problem analysis and problem solving
- In addition, based on your accumulated experience,
- Analysis of proposed algorithms and mapping algorithm definition to implementation requirements and SW/HW components
- Analyses and evaluations to support next generation architecture development
- BSC or MSC in electrical engineering, computer science or applied mathematics
- Experience in DSP algorithms implementation
- Good understanding of fixed point implementation concept and trade-offs
- Background in 3GPP PHY communication and algorithms – an advantage
- Experience in writing real-time efficient code (assembly coding experience is a plus)
- Proficiency with C programming. Matlab and Python knowledge is preferred
- Excellent engineering skills – problem solving, pragmatic approach, broad system view
- Good communication skills (oral and in writing) in English