L2/L3 Firmware Engineer
Design the future. Every day.
We are on a mission in taking the world into a new future. Connecting it and enabling new ways of seeing it. By the power of curiosity and passion, using technology, and in full partnership - we lead change day by day. Our vision is built by individuals, connected to one another. We are in the business of creating our own reality, when it’s the daily effort that counts – for an exciting future, one we wish to live in.
L2/L3 FIRMWARE ENGINEER
As a L2/L3 firmware engineer you will be responsible for developing and integration of the firmware layers running in the modem of a Cellular IoT product. This firmware, referred to as LTE/5G Protocol Stack, consists of multiple layers, implementing the communication protocols. The firmware is written in C, running on RISC in an RTOS environment. The term ‘Stack’ herein below typically refers to Data and Control planes, but the team is also involved with platform SW development.
You will also be involved in hands-on software feature set design, implementation, and integration with the entire protocol stack. The Stack is complex and your ability to grasp the overall architecture and dig into other software components will assist you to guide the team to debug and pin-point issues found during integration process and after. You will be also discussing and agreeing on APIs and software implementation with the System architects, analyzing performance, making sure functions conforms to the specifications and meet the KPIs.
The platform you will be working is on Altair’s newest chipset, designed especially for the IoT market, highly integrated and consuming super low power.
You will have the chance to work with experienced team as a part of Sony family. We co-work with teams in Israel within same time zone. Our local Branch in Oulu consists of 30 colleagues, so you do not have to deal with bureaucracy and you can focus on the essential. Our office space is modern and we have a flexible working policy regarding remote work.
We do have competitive salary and we help you with relocation if needed.
- Development, integration and unit-level testing of new functions in LTE/5G protocol stack
- Programming in C code under RTOS environment for standard RISC
- Defining software APIs with lower (PHY) and upper layers of the software
- Identifying and debugging issues at the system level
- BSC or MSC in computer science or applied mathematics or electrical engineering
- Experience in developing real time embedded software systems for standard RISC (ARM, MIPS, ARC or other CPUs)
- Excellent engineering skills – problem solving, pragmatic approach, broad system view – must
- Good communication skills (oral and in writing) in English
- Hands on experience in 3GPP Protocol Stack development of cellular modems (2G/3G/4G/5G)
- Experience in Real-time embedded development
- Experience in SoC architectures
At Sony Semiconductor Israel, you have the opportunity to work with cutting-edge technology among professional colleges and teammates in an innovative environment that fosters creativity, partnership, and initiative. Join and explore new boundaries and enjoy extensive benefits. Let's design the tomorrow, together.